Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sometimes you're lucky


Hi there all,

Well I’m back on deck after being away for our annual family holiday, the kids loved the beach and playgrounds – its just so much fun to watch them play with the water, learning and experimenting. The other bonus is that they were just plain tuckered out after busy days in the sun and slept well !! I enjoyed it, but I can’t say it was relaxing, may’be that will come when they are older but then again may’be not – still it was great to get away and great to be back.

I didn’t want to miss anymore of Makeesha’s weekly challenges but I a string of nasty headaches and being flat out busy (you know the time of year – daughter’s dance concert, Christmas baking, working, an SU workshop and all that plus the normal shopping cooking (cleaning) of everyday life – whewww. I just couldn’t summon up the energy but as luck would have it I made a birthday card last year for a little girl, but changed my mind and then made another. The main reason being I thought she would be too young at the time to recognise her own name – however this year I think she will. So I had a card (that was still happy with a year one ) and it is a pretty darn good match as one to post for Makeesha challenge. See her inspiration pic below.



Ok here is the card.

I’m a bit rusty on the details but I’ll give it my best go. I started with a Regal Rose base, then a layered of Very Vanilla, I scalloped the bottom of that with the slit punch (I think – the scallop punch had only just been realized in Aus then I didn’t have it yet). I stamped the upper half using Polka Dot and Petals. At the bottom then I added a layer of Certainly Celery, rolled my Scribble wheel over in CC ink, then coloured selected spots in with a white gel pen. To finish off the bottom I added stamped and punched flowers using Spring Bouquet punch , the flowers were fixed in place with Regal Rose and Certainly Celery brads. Up the top I have added the birthday girl’s name, stamped in regal Rose using the big deal alphabet, then overstamped in versamark, added Heat and Stick, heated and then added Dazzling Diamonds fixed in place using dimensionals. The division between top and bottom is covered by some Regal Rose and Certainly Celery ribbon.

Hope you like, thanks for visiting.

Kim

Recipe: All SU unless noted otherwise
Stamps: Big Deal alphabet, Polka Dots and Petals (R) , Looks like Spring (R), Scribble J.wheel
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Ink: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Versamark
Accessories: Spring Bouquet punch (R), Slit punch, White gel pen, Heat and stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery brads, Certainly Celery narrow grosgrain ribbon, Regal Rose ribbon ( Flirty Ribbon Originals - I think (R)), dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how perfect to have one in your stash that fits the challenge, especially when you have been so busy as you have! Love the sparkly letters and the scallops at the bottom...just gorgeous! Hope that headache has dissipated! Thanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big, sparkly letters!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!