Friday, June 7, 2019

Just Add Ink #460 Emboss Resist



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink we have a fun technique challenge for you. Lou has asked us to Just Add Emboss Resist. 




Now I love heat embossing, it is just magic watching the powder melt and then turn glossy, in fact it's a rare card of mine that does not have any heat embossing on it! Coincidently, just recently I had watched a video from Jennifer McGuire (see her post here) where she made cards using what she called subtle resist. This basically involves putting a layer of colour down, then clear embossing an image over this, then adding more ink over the first layer. I started out with two things in mind I wanted to use a darker ink palette, and the images that were embossed had to be slightly broken so the difference between the resist and inked areas was distinct. Here's how it turned out.



I broke out another technique that falls in the oldie but goodie box, rock and roll stamping. Simply ink up your stamp in one colour then rock and roll the edges in another (usually darker) colour. This is a great way of adding colour variations and interest. I used my finger to help soften the edges between the two inks before stamping. After embossing my trees on the brayered background I sponged Whisper White ink over the top to create a halo of white around my trees. Once you wipe it off the embossed trees the trapped darker colour really pops against the now more muted tones. To finish off the card I added a little water splatter and some more neutral masculine-ish textures and it was done.

The Just Add Ink DT have a really great array of projects that are all about emboss resist, so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.75
Heat Tool
$50.00
Linen Thread
$8.75
Big Shot
$159.00



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!