Friday, September 22, 2017

Just Add Ink #378 Texture


Hello there,
well I've had a crazy busy week at work so I'll keep this short and sweet. Before everything went into overdrive I did manage to make my project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Di has challenge us to Just Add Texture.



September/ October is birthday season for many of the men in my family so this was perfect for making a somewhat funky card for my little bro.



I went all out on the colour and texture on this one! Over the brayered background I used embossing paste to add a medallion design, then over that added the sentiment. Layers of shiny copper foil, wood embossed stitched vellum, framed by die cut and punched foliage and lastly some DSP and burlap accents.

Don't forget to go check out the gorgeous work of the rest of the design team and then come back and join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Starburst Framelits Die
Starburst Framelits Die
$45.95
Leaf Punch
$28.00
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Big Shot
$159.00




Friday, September 15, 2017

Just Add Ink #377 Colour


Hello there,
ahh spring has been in the air this week but I haven't been able to get out to enjoy it. Just a bit too busy at work this week! I did manage to squeeze in the time last weekend to make something for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle has challenged us to Just Add a Colour Combo - it's a lovely combo. Here it is.


That vivid Lemon Lime in combination with the blues made me think of the aurora night lights, and so I got out my sponge brayers to see if I could pull it off - and I did!!




After brayering the background I got out my white gouache paint and flicked little splatters over the panel to add some stars. Then it was time to get die cutting. I cut two rows of houses, and to add that Christmas sparkle, embossed the lower part of both with iridescent ice embossing powder (sadly retired but you can make your own by mixing dazzling diamonds into your clear embossing powder). I backed all the windows with white cardstock and then add the two layers up on dimensional. To finish the card off I white embossed the sentiment across the night sky.

I had fun seeing if I could created this as I had envisaged it. The rest of the JAI team have some gorgeous projects to show you so do go check them out and then join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Big Shot
$159.00




Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Colour INKspiration 17




Hello there,
welcome to the Colour INKspiration 17 blog hop. If you are hopping your way around the blog hop, you will have arrived from the lovely Julia Quinn's blog. I'm sure you were inspired by her project! If you are starting the hop here but would like to go to the start at the  Colour INKspiration challenge page over on Facebook, just click the link to be redirected and ask to join the group, that way you can load your projects directly to the Facebook group and join in the fun every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. I couldn't resist the bright colours of the inspiration picture this round - so bright and cheerful!



Here what I came up with.




I decided to make the most of all that bright colour and create a field of flowers, then do a variation of the eclipse technique that is very popular at the moment. Because the Happy Birthday die is so detailed, to raise it up, I layered four black die cuts underneath. The flowers do a great job of camouflage so you really need to tilt the card to an angle to see the dimension. I swished all my pink flowers with Wink of Stella and then covered the top layer of the die cut with fine tip glue which dries to a shiny glossy finish.


The challenge runs till September 25th. Hope you can join us! Next up, on the blog hop is Rebecca Scurr with another awesome project. Enjoy!



Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Big Shot
$159.00