Friday, June 14, 2019

Just Add Ink #461 Inspiration



Hello there,
this week I had a brand new flower I wanted to colour so for a change I decided not to pull out blends but instead try my hand at some watercoloring. The new challenge at Just Add Ink, this week Just Add Inspiration from Rachael, was a perfect kick off for me. You can choose the colours, or patterns or objects from the inspiration picture to be the main element of your project. Here's the inspiration pic.




And here is my first go at colouring the fabulous bold big magnolia bloom from Stampin Up's! Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. As you'll see the striking colour way of the inspiration picture was my main inspiration.



I worked to add as much contrast into my bloom by building up layers of ink (letting it dry in between layers) and by utilising three shades of yellow on the petals. I also left some very small patches of the natural "white" of the water colour paper. Having put in the work to colour my flowers I didn't want to distract from their impact, so I added a simple rectangle border for texture, some light yellow sponging in the background and a decorative border detail to one side. This border is actually the negative of the border die that is included in the Magnolia Memory framelits. 

Tip: When looking at your dies, consider can you use the negative die cut, sometimes it may even be better than the intended positive and doubles the use of your die! 

A simple bakers twine bow and some clear sequins were all that were needed to finish the card off.

Please go check out the fabulous projects from the the rest of the Just Add Ink DT and then come back and join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Aqua Painters
$20.00

Retired SU! product: Big Shot






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!