Friday, May 3, 2019

Just Add Ink #455 Sympathy



Hello there, 
well I'm back after a bit of an extended but very full break! It started with attending Stampin' Ups! OnStage event in Auckland, and continued with a family holiday. However, the kids returned to school this week so back to routine it is. This week at Just Add Ink I set the challenge and I'm asking you to Just Add Sympathy. Unfortunately, we all encounter occasions when we need sympathy cards, so this will be a good opportunity to have one set aside for when you do need one.




Here's my card.



I wanted to use a cool (but not too sombre) colour palette so settled on a blue/ purple combo then added a little pop of pink, and used a canvas of white to keep it all very fresh. I decided to water colour my floral bouquet as that is a great way to get subtle colour transitions, and some extra texture as well. Sadly, this floral bundle is retiring at the end of May but I think it might hover in my stash for a while yet. Adding the stitched frame helps ground the floral bouquet and also adds another extra element of texture. I kept embellishments to a minimum adding just a few tiny pearls to the flowers.

The Just Add Ink DT have wonderful projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Big Shot
$159.00

Retired or Non-SU!: Round and Round (PaperTrey Ink)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!