Friday, August 3, 2018

Just Add Ink #420 Inspiration




Hello there,
well in the midst of winter you might feel the need for a burst of colour. If that's you (or you just like rainbows) then the new challenge at Just Add Ink is made for you! This week Nikki has provided us with a vibrant Just Add Inspiration challenge. Be inspired by the colours, patterns or objects in the picture and use them as the main element of your project. Here's the picture.


And here is what I came up with.




I started with a bold and bright watercolour background, splattering it with water and white gouache to add lots of texture. The bright colours are my nod to the wonderful rainbow of colours in the picture. Once dry I over laid it with a section of Delightfully Detailed specialty paper (it has only taken me three months to work myself up to cutting into this!). Aside from the fact that the paper is just gorgeous I wanted to use it as the flowers in the paper echo the flower in the inspiration picture. Finishing details include a shaker element which contains the sentiment and some die cut stitching border detail. 

One point of interest to note here is that I black embossed the large wish and the white dot pattern but discovered in the process that as I melted the white powder the heat also softened the black layer and so the white dots bloomed and spread out. Luckily enough I still liked how that looked!

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of gorgeous inspiration projects to show you so do go check them out and then join in the challenge and show us your take.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00


Non SU! products used: Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, another amazing card, Kim! I'm yet to cut into the large sheet of the Delightfully Detailed paper too, I really must gather up the courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is so cool Kim! Love seeing this bundle in action and the bright colours are awesome! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!