Friday, October 12, 2012

JAI 139 Just add something brand new

Hello there,
well I've been enjoying a lovely week spent with family in Sydney this week, which has included a visit to the zoo, beach, and lots of playgrounds - of course :) However before I left I did manage to squeeze in some crafting with some of my new SU! products, and its the new bit that's key for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge which is Just Add something brand new! Now I'm sure you can manage that :) This is what I came up with.


 
So what did you think of the inside? - a bit of fun isn't. I've been saving up this die to use just for this card. A friend of mine said recently she's discovered that boys (big and small) want their cards to be interactive - so true!! and this card is my DH's birthday card so it had to have/ do something special. (I think he liked it). As for the new, well there's a bunch of stuff - the paper and ribbons banners are all brand new and I think I can count the HAPPY die as well. I also finally got to indulge in the banner trend - I had fun making those :) Aside from the banners the rest of the front was pretty simple - a little bit of embossed texture and then some doodling around the edge with a white gel pen. The inside was really a lot simpler than it looks - the fussiest bit was working out how to add the balloons.
 
So do you think you can have some fun with some new crafting goodies this week - please join us if you can :)
 
Thanks for visiting,
Kim
 
Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Tiny Tags, Think Big Favorites 12 (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Accessories: Summer Smooches DSP, Linen/Canvas Impression plate (PTI), Movers and Shakers: Poppers die collection (PTI), Tiny Tag die (PTI), Fishtail Flag STAX (My Favorite Things),White gel pen, Linen Thread, Daffodil Delight and Real Red 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon, Cherry Cobler twine, Silver brads, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape, Sticky strip

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kim and I especially love the inside -what a fabulous die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this looks fantastic. I love all of your banners and the pop up on the inside is a great surprise. Ohh, do you like your fishtail stax? I've had my eye on those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally cool - love all your different banners and the bright colours you've chosen to use here. Fantastic 'surprise' inside too. Very clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Kim! Your lovely colours and buntings are gorgeous, l especially like the hearts mixed in there and the diecut greeting inside just makes it so fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!