Friday, September 6, 2019

Just Add Ink #473 Choose Two



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink Nikki has asked us to Just Choose Two. Within 10 minutes of starting my walk on Saturday morning I had an idea inspired by the options - metallics, twine and washi tape. Maybe it was because it was the first day of spring, maybe it was because of all the trees blossoming at the moment but I chose flowers (with a dash of metallics and twine ;)


Here's how it turned out.




I brayered my background to give a more intense band in the middle of the panel (using Bermuda Bay ink) fading it out on either side by transitioning to Pool Party. Then once the ink was dry adding a fine splatter of white gouache. I love the glint of the detailed band die as the ornate details peep out from under and around my bright florals. I added a little extra detail by using stitched dies and some subtle sparkle with wash of wink of stella over the flowers and some gorgeous little sequins from the new snowflake sequins.

The Just Add Ink DT have so many gorgeous projects to show you so please do go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Product List
Paper Snips
$17.00

Non SU!: White gouache, white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!