Friday, August 23, 2019

Just Add Ink #471 Inspiration


Hi all,
I had this card in my head for a couple of weeks and it was great to get it out and onto paper. Even better it turned out just how I wanted it too. Got to be pleased about that! All that thinking was inspired by this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rachael is asking us to Just Add Inspiration. Use the colours, patterns, or objects in the inspiration below to inspired your project. For me it was definitely the transition of colours.




And here's how it came out.




Super simple this week, except for a bit of struggle with cutting the dies just the way I wanted them. The two deers are actually freestanding, but for the card I wanted them perched on the crest of a hill. In theory this type of partial die cutting is very simple, but my (warped cutting) plate kept slipping and I ended up with fully cut out deers (and some frustration on my part). 

Tip: you are want to leave the very bottom of their legs uncut so the deers are completely attached to the hill.

Eventually I got there, the key was using two flat cutting plates and then a little extra work with a part of sharp small paper snips.

To add a snowy/ starry night sky I first flicked water droplets, then a fine splatter of white gouache and wink of Stella.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of fabulous projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:

To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List


Retired SU!: Big Shot die cutting machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!