Thursday, October 21, 2010

JAI 40 - just add a colour combo


Hi all,

well I'm back after a little break - life has just been plain busy! This week we have a lovely colour challenge for you at Just Add Ink. Here is the colour combo.


Now when I first turned my mind to these colours they said baby to me. Probably the pastel shades - of course I could have been influenced by my recent aquistion of the Baby Tees jumbo wheel. Before I actually got to the stamping I actually demounted my wheel and cut the little Tees into individual stamps (mounting them on Ezi Mount)- I pinched this idea from Renee van Stralen.



OK having adjusted my hardware it was time to stamp. As I wanted to colour the Tees I used Black Stazon. So I stamped three different Tees onto Whisper White. I decided to use Bashful Blue and Pear Pizzazz as the main colours and Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand as accents. So of the three Tees on my washing line two are Bashful blue and one is Pear green. I used an aquapainter to pick up ink for colouring. Once they were coloured I trimmed them out. Then mounted on dimensionals above a whisper White layer that I had sponged clouds onto. The little hangers the Tees are on are hooked onto a linen thread washing line hanging from large Bashful Blue buttons. I coudn't resist adding some Tiny Tags to my little Tees, just like when you buy a new ones from the shops. Although - ahemm usually I would recommend taking the tags off before washing so I plead artistic licence for this ;). I finished off the scene by adding some Pear grass and a little Blushing Bride flower - oh and adding crystal effects to the elephant, star and duckies on the Tees. This whole image panel was mounted onto a layer of Sahara Sand and then adhered to a Bashful Blue base. I stamped all around the edge of the base layer with a little alphabet stamp (from the hostess set Cute by the Inch).

I got to admit I was really pleased with how this turned out and I even had a spare Tee left over which I used to finish off the inside. So why don't you give the colour combo a try and link your creation back to Just Add Ink this week - we'd love to see it :)

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Baby Tees, Tiny Tags, Cute by the Inch
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Bashful Blue buttons (R), Bashful Blue brad, Linen Thread, Aquapainter, Scallop circle punch, Boho Blossom punch, Medium Jewelery Tag punch, Crystal Effects, Sponge, Dimensionals, Double Sided tape, Tombow

2 comments:

  1. Kim, this is just DIVINE! I love all the little details, and it is a totally adorable card; beautiful job with the challenge. Love the little tags and flower accents. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous little card and I love your idea of 'de-mounting' the wheel - hope you don't mind if I copy *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!