Friday, October 1, 2010

JAI 37 just add a colour combo


Hi there,

this week Just Add Ink has a lovely colour combo to work with. It's my week off from the DT but I always try to play along if I can. Here's the colour combo.

I was struggling with a nasty cold when I was trying to think up ideas for this challenge and it really was a struggle. The combo said flowers to me but could any ideas penetrate the fog in my head - nope :( So I turned to a great standby to CASE someone else's work. I saw a card on p102 of the new USA SU! catalogue and I knew instantly that it would be perfect. So here is what I came up with.


The layout and layering of the flowers is pretty much identical to the catty card. The one touch that I added was to emboss the card base with the Perfect Polka Dot folder. So starting from the begining ;) I embossed the base layer with Perfect Polka Dots. Then add a panel of Rose Red scalloped down the LHS. Another layer of Whisper White was added on top of that. On this layer I stamped the flower stems in Always Artichoke (having worked out the placement of the flower heads). The leaves were stamped in Old Olive trimmed out and fixed into place (two are up on dimensionals). I used Petals Pizzazz for the flowers in a mix of Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red, also using some DSP for each colour. I layered the flowers up, added the finishing touches - felt fusion flower and rhinestones. Then glittered up the Rose Red layers. All I needed to do then was add the sentiment embellished with some white taffeta and another rhinestone brad. The inside was finished off very simply to match.

I really like how bright and cheery this turned out!

Thanks for visiting - and if you have time this week why don't you play along with the challenge and link your creation back to Just Add Ink.

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Petals Pizzazz, Party This Way
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scallop border punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Felt Fusion (R), Rhinestone brads(Clear and Fire), White Taffeta ribbon, Always Artichoke narrow grosgrain ribbon, Old Olive brad, Two way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape, Dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful card Kim! I especially love the bling.

    Have a great weekend,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 beautiful cards, so crisp and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I think I might have to get this set - it's so cool I've been looking at it for a while. Beautiful bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just gorgeous with the dazzling diamonds and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright fun and funky - how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a bright fun card great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Felt, ribbon, bling, brads,embossing, stamping and glitter - can't believe you have used all of these on one card and totally pulled it off! FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Kim! I just love Petal Pizzazz-haven't played with it for a while but might just have to now after seeing this pretty and funky card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful and fun card Kim! Love it!

    Karen

    PS - thanks for your congrats on my curtain call DT gig!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just LOVE this card! So bright and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Kim. So crisp and clean, and a real "happy" card. Love the white-on-white. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card has such Pizzaz hahahah , looks so bright and alive. well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Kim. Love all those bright colours with the white. So bright & cheery :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!