Friday, July 23, 2010

Just Add Ink 27 - Cupcakes


Hi everyone,
yep I've been a busy girl but I couldn't resist playing along with the sketch challenge this week from Just Add Ink. Here's the sketch

I'm still on a birthday card roll - so the first thing that came to mind was cupcakes, as I know that my Mr 2 and Miss 5 both think they are good! So here is the result.


Being intended for a 4-5 year old girl I had to put pink in there and so I went with one of my favourite colour combos - Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa (so so sooo sad that this is retiring). I decided to tranisition my cupcakes from all Regal Rose to all Cocoa, with two mixed ones in between. A little something was added to each cupcake - candle, birthday number or just lots of crystal effects and dazzling diamonds. Since I wanted the cupcakes to take the stage I kept the background pretty simple - white embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot folder. But I added a bit of extra texture by sewing pink zig zag all around the edges - my first time trying zig zag - and oh my I do like it :) I just ran a strip of Regal Rose grosgrain under the cupcakes (which were mounted up on dimensionals) and finished it off with a large rhinestone brad. I decided to leave the sentiment off as I felt it would have cluttered the front up too much and there are enough clues that let you know what the card is intended for ;)The inside was finished off to match. This one did get the thumbs up from my Miss 5 - yeh!


Its a great sketch so why don't you pop over to Just Add Ink and join in the fun!





Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Party Hearty
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Timeless Type alphabet Sizzlets,Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, Fire Rhinestone, sewing machine, Crystal effects, Dazzling Diamonds, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape, Dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. Love the sparkle on the cupcakes and how you've taken the time to finish the inside of the card so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhh what a fantastic use of the sketch Kim! I just love looking at what everone does and you've done an awesome job here!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun girly card, any 5 year old would love it! In fact, I would love it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this to bits, Kim! Such a cute little card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh i love this card, those cupcakes are soo cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! And it would work for any age and in any colours too, so that's a HUGE bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Beautiful!! I am in awe that you took the time to zig zag stitch!!!! Love that you've thought to do the inside of the card as well......I get pooped after just creating the front :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, this is gorgeous! So pretty, sparkly and girly. LOVE how the stitching finishes off the card front perfectly, and you've done a beautiful job with the inside too. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. You do some really nice extra details, like inside the cards etc, beautiful!

    L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!