Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just Add Ink 24 - Loads of Love


Hi all,

well its not my week on yet at Just Add Ink but I couldn't resist playing along with the sketch challenge this week. Its such an interesting one - very simple so it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Here's it is.

The idea for the card just popped into my head and seemed to be perfect for something I could give my hubby to tuck into his suitcase (he's heading off on a work trip soon). Being a boy card I kept it simple - perfect for the sketch.


Kraft is actually a "colour" I find really hard to work with, may'be since it often seems an unappealing cardboard shade but I do like it paired with red and white. So I started with a Kraft base then added a red layer then white. To finish that layer I got out the sewing machine and just went around the edges to make a frame. The stitching turned out more textured than I expected/wanted as the stitch tension was a bit loose. I'm kind of working these things out as I go.

I decided to go with Copics to colour my little ute (pickup) cause I wanted a bright red to contrast with the white. So I stamped the ute using Memento Tuxedo Black, then using R27 and R29 coloured the car. I used T1, N2 and a dark grey (sorry can't remember that one) to colour the car in. I used the same reds for the big pile of hearts. I trimmed both hearts and car out and mounted them on dimensionals above a Kraft circle element on the bottom LHS. The inside was finished off very simply with sentiment and with a bit more of the ute, coloured again with Copics.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - despite some issues with my colouring, stitching and a smudgy fingerprint that Mr 2 added to the front white panel when he snagged the card while I was photographing another one. I think my hubby will get the idea that we love him and miss him which is the important thing!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Loads of Love
Cardstock: Kraft, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, sewing machine, Copics (R27, R29, T1, N2, ?), Dimensionals, Double sided tape

6 comments:

  1. Too cute Kim. I really like how the truck looks with the kraft circle behind it. More hugs,D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Kim. How could you not love Kraft?? *gasp* It does look fantastic with red and white. Love the stitching, and the rounded corners, and the whole reason you made this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get suckered in by Kraft all the time! It's my failsafe! I love this card soooo much! I'm thinking I need to get some copic tips from you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used the truck stamp for this sketch! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love any card that can use this set successfully and you have done that well and truly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the challenge, very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!