Friday, June 25, 2021

Just Add Ink #560 Colour

 




Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink, Jo is asking us to Just Add a Colour Combo. The colours are really a lovely mix of shades. I ended up with something that I think works as a sympathy card, not actually where I was planning to end up but having one in the stash is always useful. Here's the colour combo.


This is how it turned out.



Blackberry Bliss is a really really intense colour, so I decided the best technique was to watercolour, as this would allow me to pull out a variation of shades. With that starting point I coloured a few clusters of blooms, and a background panel to match in Coastal Cabana. Once dry I splattered that panel to add extra texture. To add even more texture I added in a panel of Grey Granite that I dry embossed. With the addition of the black sentiment strip, and twine, it's a little sombre but not too sombre. Subtle finishing touches include a swish of wink of Stella on the flowers and adding some clear droplets.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of lovely projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,

Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Hand Penned Petals, Art Gallery
Dies: Penned Flowers, Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Shapes (R)
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Grey Granite, Basic Black
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Coastal Cabana, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
Accessories: Painted Texture 3D folder, Fluid watercoloring paper, White embossing powder, Wink of Stella, Black Baker's twine, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, White gel pen(Sakura), White gouache, Big Shot die cutting machine (R)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!