Friday, June 11, 2021

Just Add Ink #558 Sketch





Hello there,
the big freeze hit us this week but no snow so far, although for us that usually just means seeing some flakes floating down and then melting once they hit the ground. My project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge actually has a bit more of a temperate feel - hint, the tiger might have something to do with that ;) This week we are asking you to Just Add a Sketch (from me). Here it is.



And here is the card.




I was intrigued by the clever design of this stamp set, and I'm a sucker for cats - big and small. So it was quite fun to take it for a spin. I kept all the colour concentrated in my focal point and my tiger, with its characteristic orange tones really pops. To add more colour depth to the tiger, I used an old but good technique called rock and roll. First, I inked up the base tiger stamp in Mango Melody, then dipped or rolled selected edges in Pumpkin Pie. I accented the tiger with some die cut foliage and added a subtle foliage pattern to the background mat using the new Stitched Greenery die.

I think this card and all my future cat ones are going to be really versatile, perfect for the animal loving tween or grown-up.

The rest of the Just Add Ink DT have lots of fabulous projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU!  unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Wild Cats
Dies: Big Cats, Stitched Greenery, Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Shapes (R)
Cardstock: Thick basic whisper white, Basic whisper white, Balmy Blue, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Balmy Blue, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Blending Brushes, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Big Shot die cutting machine (R)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!