Friday, February 14, 2020

Just Add Ink #492 Sketch





Hello there,
more flowers for you this week as I take the tropical blooms of Timeless Tropical out for another spin. Ironically this set was not my first (or even second) choice from the new SU! mini catalogue, but I am finding very versatile! So for the new Just Add Ink challenge, this week a Sketch Challenge from Jackie, I have pulled it out again. Here's the sketch.


And here's my card.





I started with the idea of an intensely coloured sunset contained within the oval, then built all the other elements from there. Originally I had intended the hibiscus flower to be on the front but then decided the colour balance was better with the cluster of frangipani flowers there instead. As I put the card together I knew that I wanted a lot of white to contrast with the bright intense colours but not been a fan of plain white expanses I also wanted to add some texture, an embossed pattern was the perfect solution and in the end I settled on the wavy High Seas pattern. Colouring the flowers didn't actually take that long, although the blending the colours from red, through orange to yellow for the hibiscus bloom took a few layers, but that's a process I enjoy.

The Just Add Ink DT have some fabulous projects to inspire you this week so please go check them all out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Product List
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00


Retired/ Non- SU! product: Big Shot die cutting machine, Snowflake sequins, White jelly roll pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!