Friday, July 26, 2019

Just Add Ink # 467 Sketch



Hello there,
I'm working on a bit of a Christmas in July theme, always a handy way to kick start my Christmas card stash! The new challenge from Just Add Ink, this week Just Add a Sketch from Lou, was the perfect starting point for another card. Here's the sketch.



While I am eagerly waiting for this years new SU! Christmas catalogue I pulled out an old favourite from last year to create a summer season Christmas card.





How can you make a cute image like this even better? Create a polaroid frame for it!

Tip: Use a rectangle framelit to cut a stitched rectangle panel, then pick a smaller square that fits within, place it more towards one end and then cut the square panel out. 

When I was putting my card together I wanted to add some more depth and interest to my embossed background. The simple way of doing that was to brayer ink over the top in a gradient. I went tone on tone and used Balmy Blue ink over Balmy Blue cardstock.

The rest of my card was all about colouring with blends, something I always find relaxing.

The rest of the Just Add Ink DT have lots of fabulous projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List


Retired/ Non SU!: So Santa, Holly punch, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!