Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Colour INKspiration #59




Hello there,
welcome to the Colour INKspiration 59 blog hop. If you are hopping your way around the blog hop, you will have arrived from Jan Clothier's blog. If you are starting the hop here but would like to go to the start at the  Colour INKspiration challenge page over on Facebook, just click the link to be redirected and ask to join the group, that way you can load your projects directly to the Facebook group.

Here's the INKspiration picture for this week. This week it's filled with a subtle wintery tones featuring Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso. 


Here what I came up with.




I needed a sympathy card for a friend and I thought this subtle palette of colours would work well for that. I started by brayering my background scene, remembering to mask off my setting sun in the distance first. 

TIP: To break my scene up into 'windows' I created my own window cover plate by die cutting smaller rectangles out of my larger panel. My middle rectangle was the right width but not long enough so I used partial die cutting to begin the cut on one end (see below). Then reset the die to cut the other end. As long as you have your top plate on your die cut machine set back, so it doesn't cover the end of the rectangle you don't want to cut, it will be a success!


I finished off the card by layering a mix of nautical elements to frame my sailing boat.

Hope you can join us and have some fun too! The challenge runs till Monday 22nd July so there is plenty of time to join in. Next up, on the blog hop is Cathy Pinchbeck with a lovely project. Enjoy!



Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Blender Pens
$21.00


Retired SU!: Big Shot, Early Espresso baker's twine







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!