Friday, September 14, 2018

Just Add Ink #426 Sketch



Hello there,
well I am very happy to get to the end of a very busy week at work. The lovely warm spring weather means I might even get to put my feet up in the sun for bit and toast my toes! Just chilling out was the feel I was trying to capture with my card for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week I suggested we Just Add a Sketch and I used it to make a card for my Dad's upcoming birthday. Here's the sketch.

I made a shadow box card. Which turned out to be super easy especially if you check out Jennifer McGuire's post where she has really detailed instructions including a video. Several of Jennifer's cards had coastal themes which I thought was just perfect for the idea of my Dad putting his feet up and looking out at an ocean view.




I started by using my aquapainter to swish on some Balmy Blue for the sky and Pool Party for the ocean. Then pulled out one of the Sea of Texture stamps to add...texture to the ocean using two additional darker shades of blue. Using the stamp proved to be the perfect way to capture a sense of movement in my ocean. I loved how Jennifer used some bird stamps to add that detail to her scenes so I dug around in my retired stash and found the perfect size birds in Up, Up and Away. I repurposed my Colourful Season blossoms into frangipani flowers as my Mum and Dad have a tree in their backyard that is older than I am and is a lovey shady spot to sit under in summer. I'm pretty sure Dad will appreciate the little interactive surprise when he opens the card and the scene inside pops up.

The Just Add Ink DT have loads of beautiful projects so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Product List
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Big Shot
$159.00


Retired or non-SU! items: Up, up and Away (retired), Copic 0.3 mm multi-liner
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!