Friday, July 13, 2018

Just Add Ink #417



Hello there,
well I was lucky enough to have a few days off work to spend with the kids during school holidays. So we have gone to the movies, and out for a walks in the winter fresh sunshine and just by the hair of my chinny chin chin (I'm speaking metaphorically here!) I managed to get a project together for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Tina has asked us to Just Add "T". So think of all the things that begin with the letter "T", they can be objects, colours, card folds, techniques and make them star in your creation for the challenge!



I decided it was time to make my first Christmas card for 2018, and a backdrop of "trees" was just what I needed.



I started by brayering in a night sky, it was important that this was going to be dark enough at the top for my sentiment to be clearly visible. Below that I set up my little scene with the church and house windows glowing in the evening light. The little village is set against a back drop of trees fading into the growing darkness.  Wink of stella on the windows and trees adds a lovely subtle shimmer which is hard to see in the pictures. Bits of this were definitely fiddly but worth the trouble and time. 

The Just Add Ink DT have an amazing array of "T" projects to inspire you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kim your backgrounds are always so fabulous (as are the rest of the card too of course!) This is another stunner. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what an amazing Christmas card! You are good to have started already - I haven't even thought about it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great scene Kim. Love the silver church (and the other buildings...). The layered trees look fantastic in the background. Great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Kim! Your brayered sky and forrest of trees is so vibrant and the perfect, joyful, Winter’s scene for your sparkly village. Just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!