Friday, June 22, 2018

Just Add Ink #414 Window/ Frame




Hello all,
another week has gone past filled with freezing cold winds, and a sky dark as night when I have to crawl, with some reluctance, out of bed in the morning at much too early an hour! Perhaps to counter the winter darkness I bring you a card filled to the brim with colour this week for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Nikki has asked us to Just Add a Window or Frame. I decided to go Window.




There was a fair bit of hand trimming and die cutting involved for this project but very worthwhile for creating a underwater scene filled with colour (and a hint of a mermaid). The first thought that crossed my mind was a porthole looking out into the ocean but somehow my porthole ended up with a life preserver framing it. (Created by cutting several layers of frame and one acetate circle to sandwich between them. I also added a little dimension by colouring some shadows onto the top layer using SU! grey blend markers. The twinkle of little silver fish finish off the underwater scene.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of beautiful projects to share with you so please do go check them out. Then come back and join us in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Linen Thread
$8.00
Big Shot
$159.00

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. What a work of art. I love this - especially the life preserver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped in to say that I love your card and the clever use of the window. Great scene making, gorgeous colours and very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is your sea-themed card, Kim? So many beautiful details and colours, and your wonderful inside as much as the outside. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, another ridiculously fabulous card! I love the hint of mermaid on the front - so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!