Friday, March 23, 2018

Just Add Ink #401 Sketch


Hello there,
as I write this I have a blanket over my legs and the cats snugged up next to me, as this week it finally got cold. Not that I mind, I have been looking forward to that turn into Autumn weather. The cats and the children are not too sure about it though! I have brought some bright colour into my card for this week's Just Add Ink challenge though. This week Tina is asking us to Just Add a Sketch. Here it is.
Here how my take turned out.




This all started with the idea of a red flower, and the one from Birthday Blooms is still hands down my favourite. I coloured two of them up and went with a mix of limey green and blue green foliage. When it came time to work out all my card base and mat colours to my surprise, rather than going down the lime path I ended up with indigo with a dash of black. If you've stopped by my blog before you know I love ombre gradients so that came in, and so did some texture with Shimmery embossing paste, and I couldn't resist adding is some vellum details and sequins and so that is how it all ended up where it did! I kind of enjoyed the organic process of creating this one, and I have a few crafty friends who are fond of red so I know it will go to a good home.

The Just Add Ink DT have a gorgeous array of sketch inspired cards to show you so please stop by to see them all then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:


To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00

Non SU!: YG Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. love your card ...love the flowers ...a very beautiful card ...thanks so much for sharing it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Kim! The colour combo you’ve used is amazing! 😍 x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!