Friday, March 16, 2018

Just Add Ink #400 Inspiration



Hello there,
it is a special week at Just Add Ink this week as we celebrate out 400th challenge. We are offering the winner and two runners up of the challenge the chance to be guest designers as well as offering them a prize of a Stampin Up stamp set each. This week the challenge comes from me, and it's time to Just Add Inspiration. You can be inspired by any or all of the colours, objects, patterns you see in the inspiration picture below.


I took the colours and turned the eggs into flowers to create a vibrant background for a birthday card.




I took a little flower stamp (from the Lots of Happy card kit), inked it in Sahara Sand, then stamped off so I only got a faint image once it was stamped on the water colour paper. Then I pulled a water colour palette out of my craft stash and set to work colouring the flowers. The end result was a lot bolder and brighter than I had been expecting but very happy! Once that had all dried down I debated whether I should go in with a fine tip black marker and outline them all. Having taken the plunge, luckily I was happy with how that looked! I also used the black marker to add a few little dot accent in the centre as well as using a white gel pen. There was more uming and ahing about the banner but finally watercoloring it pink turned out to be the perfect solution.

The Just Add Ink design team have a beautiful array of creations to inspire you so please go check them out and come and join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:


To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Blushing Bride Sequin Trim
Blushing Bride Sequin Trim
$8.75
Big Shot
$159.00

Non SU! Products: Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor 36 set, Copic sketch multiliner 0.3mm, White gel pen



SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Love the repetitive flower stamping Kim in place of the eggs - awesome! Happy 400th JAI! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a vibrant & pretty background, Kim, and it does work so well with the watercolour banner.
    Hugs,D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!