Friday, November 17, 2017

Just Add Ink #386 "R"


Hello there,
well I dragged my weary, but happy, body back from Melbourne and the SU! OnStage event and began another hectic week at home. Before I left though I managed to get started on my project for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Tina has challenged us to Just Add 'R' to our projects. That means the main element(s) of your project must begin with the letter 'R'. This can be objects, colours or techniques, the possibilities are endless. For example - reindeer, rose, red, reflection technique or rock and roll.



Despite growing up in a climate where Christmas is in summer, I still associated reindeers with Christmas, so a reindeer (and another Christmas card) it was. Here it is.



It's not often that I will CASE a card (it's the second one in her post) but I saw one by Wanda Guess recently that I really loved, the colours, the balance of colours, the reindeer! So this is my spin on her fabulous card. Being a fan of layers I added one by mounting the deer up on a glimmering oval. I also kept the sentiment restricted to the bottom of the oval rather than the whole lower card. I just found all that red a bit much if it filled the whole bottom of the card. The deer I coloured with my Blendabilities, pulled out of moth balls for another go at colouring.

The Just Add Ink DT have a gorgeous array of 'R' themed projects to inspire you so please go check them out and then share yours with us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Ovals Collection Framelits Die
Ovals Collection Framelits Die
$45.00
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Crumb Cake Assortment
Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Crumb Cake Assortment
$0.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00

Non- SU! products: Snowdrifts die (My Favourite Things)

5 comments:

  1. Stunning Kim. Love the layers and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm in love with your spin on it Kim, you've had me intrigued since the weekend and as always, you never disappoint....Awesome work lovely😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is stunning Kim! I love the blue snow surrounding your ovals and your reindeer looks so majestic, perfectly coloured....and then there’s his fun red nose which made me smile!! So gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colouring on your reindeer and the candy stripe makes me think of the North Pole. Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards never cease to amaze me, Kim. I love your take on Wanda's card, so elegant - simply stunning!! The colours are so vibrant and that reindeer's nose is just adorable!! LOVE your layers, especially the DSP layer on the inside (such a great way to use up an ever growing stash)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!