Friday, October 20, 2017

Just Add Ink #382 Colour


Hello there,
I'm starting to get that feeling that Christmas is right around the corner? Know that one? And I have a grand total of three Christmas cards made! So any DT project that comes my way that can be turned towards Christmas card production will be! This week at Just Add Ink, Patrice has suggested, we Just Add a Colour Combo. Here's the colours.




I got to admit I struggled with these colours at first, they do look nice together, but my first impression is they are rather muted. I wasn't sure I could make them work for a Christmas card but I think I made it work.







I created a holly wreath with Fresh Fig leaves and Smoky Slate berries (I blinged these up with Dazzling Diamonds and 2-way glue to create glossy balls of sparkle). Then I fussy cut the wreath out and laid it over stripey DSP muted with vellum. A scatter of sequins finished it all off.

The Just Add Ink DT have a beautiful array of projects that showcase the colour combo and we'd love to see what you do too, so please join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Product List
Neutrals Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack
Neutrals Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack
$37.95
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00






SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

  1. You've done a beautiful job with the colours Kim, so detailed and the inside...thats a whole card right there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - the wreath looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Kim! A great break from traditional Christmas colours. And (I know I say this every time!) your inside is stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy WOW, Kim. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your wreath in non traditional colours and ADORE your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful combination of modern & traditional, Kim, & I think you totally rocked the colours. The holly wreath looks wonderful & I'm sure so sparkly irl (a Christmas must), & the smoky stripes give it a modern feel. Love!
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the best Christmas cards I've seen. Honestly! I love it. You're three Christmas cards ahead of me, my friend. We need to have a little craft day to churn some out. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!