Friday, October 13, 2017

Just Add Ink #381 Choose Two



Hello there,
well we are back home and back into the school routine for the last term of the year. Routine also means I had a day off to cook, do laundry and also some stamping (after a nearly two week drought that was really nice!). So it was time to make a card for Just Add Ink, this week we have a fun challenge for you. We want you to Just Choose Two. This time Jan has suggested our combo of..



In a funny way this was actually hard for me. But in the end I knew I wanted to pull out embossing paste again and well its truly hard for me not to use sequins so that is what I went with.




I think I must have been influenced by all the flowers abounding in our spring garden and the bright sunlight when I made this and even now it makes me happy to just look at it. I began with my background, brayering a layer of blue. Then tinted four small blobs of embossing paste with reinker (Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Berry Burst and Tempting Turquoise). Using a stencil I carefully added the paste, in the four different colours, in a random scatter pattern. I wanted the paste to be a complementary accent to the flowers not to dominate the card. As I was making the card I decided a shaker for my bloom jar was a must and I filled that with an assortment of coloured sequins.

The JAI DT have created a gorgeous array of cards this week so do go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Blushing Bride Solid Baker's Twine
Blushing Bride Solid Baker's Twine
$5.25
Big Shot
$159.00




7 comments:

  1. I love the scattered, coloured embossing paste. Clever. I've not thought to do that....Your card is certainly bright & happy, Kim. Lots of loveliness here. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mason jar full of flowers wins me over every time! Beautiful card Kim! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful posies Kim. So many gorgeous and colourful details, its really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. This one would make anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you are so clever to do the paste in multiple colours like that! I wouldn't be patient enough, and I'd likely end up with a muddy mess. A stunning card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Kim! Love the fun jars full of all those colorful flowers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great combination of happy, bright colours! Love how you've done your background Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!