Friday, September 15, 2017

Just Add Ink #377 Colour


Hello there,
ahh spring has been in the air this week but I haven't been able to get out to enjoy it. Just a bit too busy at work this week! I did manage to squeeze in the time last weekend to make something for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle has challenged us to Just Add a Colour Combo - it's a lovely combo. Here it is.



That vivid Lemon Lime in combination with the blues made me think of the aurora night lights, and so I got out my sponge brayers to see if I could pull it off - and I did!!




After brayering the background I got out my white gouache paint and flicked little splatters over the panel to add some stars. Then it was time to get die cutting. I cut two rows of houses, and to add that Christmas sparkle, embossed the lower part of both with iridescent ice embossing powder (sadly retired but you can make your own by mixing dazzling diamonds into your clear embossing powder). I backed all the windows with white cardstock and then add the two layers up on dimensional. To finish the card off I white embossed the sentiment across the night sky.

I had fun seeing if I could created this as I had envisaged it. The rest of the JAI team have some gorgeous projects to show you so do go check them out and then join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Big Shot
$159.00




5 comments:

  1. Another wow, Kim! The brayered night light colours look divine & I love the sparkle you've added to the lower parts. So beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning Kim! Your brayered sky is a show stopper with the aurora and I love the touches of white and sparkle over the denim details too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt!!! Spectacular card, Kim. You definitely achieved the Aurora Lights in your background, so stunning and realistic looking. I adore the dazzling embossing - wow, wow, wow! Such a fantastic Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so you have my address, so just pop it over to me right away. No need to wait for Christmas!!
    I honestly think this is one of THE most amazing card I have ever seen. Without a doubt, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your way with colour never cease to amazing me Kim! And to turn these colours into a Christmas card - spectacular! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!