Friday, July 28, 2017

JAI #370 Sketch


Hello there,
did I mention it was cold last week? Well that didn't change this week, which meant it was time to stay and cozy up inside, when I wasn't at work! Maybe I was thinking wishfully of spring because I pulled out flowers for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Narelle wants us to Just Add a Sketch. Here it is.

I decided to rotate the sketch and pull out the Lovely Words dies to make a birthday card for a friend.




You know I like playing around with colour gradients, so that's where I started with my base. The tiny touch of red I used was a bit too bright, the solution? Overlay it with hexagon embossed vellum! The texture is truly amazing! Stitching is my favourite way to secure vellum down and I also love the additional texture it adds. It took a while, but I really like how my flower clusters came out and frame the friend word die. The final touch, some sparkle - Wink of Stella on 'friend' and a scatter of sequins - you gotta add sparkle!

I know the JAI team loved this sketch and they have some fabulous projects to show you so go check them out and then come join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Wood Words, Beautiful Bouquet
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Early Expresso, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Vellum
Ink: Powder Pink, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Accessories: Bouquet Bunch framelits, Lovely Words thinlets, Layering Ovals framelits, Hexagons dynamic embossing folder, White embossing powder, Sponge brayer, Sewing machine, Blushing Bride baker's twine (R), Wink of Stella, Sequins - Iridescent and Metallic, Dimensionals, Fine tip glue pen, Tear and Tape

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I LOVE the outside but adore what you did with the inside too!! GREAT design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim. Love the embossed vellum on the front and the inside is as pretty as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Kim, I love everything! A great use of the stamp set and I love the effect of that embossing folder on the vellum for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and feminine Kim! I too love your vellum layer over your colouring and your pretty floral sprays are so gorgeous and full of details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous Kim. Sensational use of colour! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Kim! The soft shading and dimension on your background is fabulous...Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kim! That "friend" really pops off the card and the colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is truly beautiful Kim! That sentiment really stands out with the black shadow and that textured background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim, your cards are truly works of art. There isn't a single creation that doesn't wow me one way or another. Your 'friend' is a lucky friend indeed. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!