Friday, March 24, 2017

JAI #352 Colour


Hello there,
well I had a HUGE week at work so I am really pleased that it's almost the weekend. Sleeping in and catching up on crafting are very high on the schedule! Before things went crazy busy I managed to make my card for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Nikki wants you to Just Add a Colour Combo. It kind of make me think of spring! Here are the colours.
And here is what I came up with.




I couldn't resist playing with colour gradients again - so an ombre effect for the background was my first goal. But first, to add interest I sponged the background with versa mark through a stencil, clear embossed it, then used the sponge brayer. I cut a circle offset from this and replaced it with a sentiment panel, framing the sentiment with an abundance of Flirty Flamingo flowers. A little strip of DSP to one side adds some contrast and a scattering of sequins add some bling. 

This is a lovely colour combination and the design team have out done themselves so don't forget to check them all out and then come back and join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Flower Patch, Birthday Blooms
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Accessories: Flower Fair Framelits, Layering Circles framelits, Carried Away DSP, Happy Patterns Decorative mask (R), Smoky Slate embossing powder (R), Clear embossing powder, Smoky Slate thick baker's twine (R), Metallic sequins, Sprinkles embellishments, Dimensionals, Tear and tape

4 comments:

  1. Love the Ombre panel in the Turquoise Kim and the pretty flower cluster in flamingo against it really pops..Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embossed and sponged background looks fabulous, Kim! Such a gorgeous card and the inside is just as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your ombré panel is stunning Kim and I love how striking your layered flowers are against it - so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend Kim! Your JAI card is beautiful - I love how much effort you've put into the decorating the middle! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!