Friday, March 10, 2017

JAI #350 Sketch



Hello there,
well I find myself laid up with a horrible head cold this week probably a legacy of last week being pretty stressful (our beloved 18 year old fur baby was having some health issues) and busy (training at work and then running classes on Saturday. Both of those were fun and interesting, but they take a lot of energy investment). Luckily, I was able to craft ahead for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch from Chantell. Here it is.


And this is what I came up with.



As soon as I realised I wanted the bottom portion of the sketch to be a field of flowers I got to work stamping and masking (post it notes were my go to for this). This is going to pink loving friend so I decided to keep the foliage black and white rather than introducing any greens. To get the slight blur in the Melon Mambo detailed layer I just quickly swished over my base Pink Pirouette layer with a damp aqua painter before stamping. To glitz it all up I added gold stitching, gold wink of stella splatter and sequins.

This is a super versatile sketch! Do go check out the rest of the JAI DT for some fabulous inspiration and then join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Crazy About You, Penned and Painted
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Stazon Black, Versamark
Accessories: Gold glimmer paper, Neutrals DSP stack, Gold embossing powder, Gold wink of Stella, Metallic sequins, Sewing machine, Fine tip glue pen, Dimensionals, Tear and tape

4 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Kim - I love your beautiful colouring (I always do!). And to have the flowers poking out from behind the banner section is just inspired! Love it! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever take on the sketch! Those flowers are so gorgeous! Hope you're feeling better soon, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE every detail of this card!! The stitching, the gold, the pretty flowers. Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous combination of chic & dreamy florals, Kim. Luscious all round. Lucky friend receiving this beauty.
    Hope this week has been kinder to you.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!