Friday, November 28, 2014

JAI 242 Just add inspiration



Hello there,
I'm pretty sure I said life was busy last week and I have to admit it hasn't gotten any quieter in the past week. I did spend the absolutely stinking hot day we had (38 oC) over the last weekend inside - but not crafting :( Instead I had to spend the day doing the annual paperwork organise - ick! I did manage (somehow!) to sneak in the odd moment to craft and so we come to this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week we want you to Just Add Inspiration from this vibrant picture combo that Trish put together for us. Use the pictures to inspire your project - it may be the flowers or the colours, patterns, just one of those - or all! Here it is.

And here is what I made of it.



I loved the bright colours, in fact I think it would be hard to find more happy cheerful colours. I wanted to retain the bright intense warmth and well the flowers too! So I went through my flower stamp collection and found to my shock and horror - a decided lack of daisies - really how could I have let that happen - lol! So I went with some dahlia's instead. Starting with a watercoloured background for the base (still loving this technique at the moment) and then pulled out my alcohol markers to add some shading to the flowers on the tag. I did try initially (but not for long) to keep it down to one flower on the tag but when it comes down to it I love layers - so more flowers it was :)

Hope you can join us this week. Do check out the rest of the DT for beautiful inspirational projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia (PaperTrey Ink), Fillable Frames #4 (PTI)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Versamark, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Basic Bookmark 2 die (PTI), Delightful Dahlia die collection (PTI), Copic markers, watercolour paper (non SU!), Daffodil Delight satin ribbon (R), Crushed Curry baker's twine, 2013-2015 In Color sequin assortment, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X press)

4 comments:

  1. You always put your cards together so beautifully, Kim! LOVE the background, and the touches of colour on the flowers. This is one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is stunning. I'm loving all the water colouring you're sharing with us lately. Love the shading you've put on your flowers and leaves. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many gorgeous things to look at on this card Kim! Firstly I love the way you water coloured the background, I love the use of the tag and those gorgeous Dahlia flowers of course look beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely take on the inspiration Kim. Your water colour background and beautiful blooms look fabulous together. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!