Friday, October 19, 2012

JAI 140 Just add chevrons

Hello there,
well life is returning to its familar patterns here with the return to school and I'm hoping that means I will be able to return to my familiar patterns of stamping :) I did seize the chance before the chaos of the holidays to prepare something for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge which is - Just add chevrons. Sounds like fun doesn't it! Here is what I came up with in a late night change of mind brainstorm.

This was not what I originally had in mind, in fact my plan was to have used the thin border chevron die cuts. But as I cut them and then lined up my rainbow of colours (did you pick the rainbow sequence ?) I noticed the pattern of the negatives, and then my eye fell on my floral framelits - and so this card came about. With the idea there I just had to make it and so once I had my Mr 4 asleep I pulled out all my bit and pieces and got to work. I was a happy camper when it was done :) Tired but happy. Actually just looking at the colours makes me smile.

Hope you can have as much fun as me when you add chevrons this week! Don't forget to check out the awesome ideas that the rest of the JAI DT have come up with.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Vintage Labels (R)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Accessories: Floral Frames Framelits, 1 3/8" circle punch, Classic circle nestabilities (Spellbinder), Chevron border die (Papertrey Ink), Brights, Subtles, Regals pattern stacks, Brights buttons, Linen thread, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon (R), SNAIL adhesive, 2 way glue, Dimensionals, Tombow multi

9 comments:

  1. Kim, that card is absolutely stunning! I love the bright colours and the cool pattern!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this card is Amazing! I love it when a card comes together by chance... and usually they are the best ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is fabulous. I love the bright happiness of this card. Absolutely stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome colours, Kim. Terrifc design too. Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super-creative, Kim - and such a happy card. All of the bright colours, and zig-zags, bring a smile to my face. Love your work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this card is brilliant Kim, I love how you have created a card using one of the framelits - brilliant idea - opens so many doors doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It most certainly put a smile on my face! You are definitly the master of unusual and clever Kim, l just loooove this card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a bright and happy card Kim. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Amazing design Kim and those colours are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!