Friday, April 1, 2011

JAI62 - Just add a box or a bag

Hi there, well welcome back for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have something fun for you - we want you to Just add a box or a bag! Making 3D items was something I was originally quite daunted by but I have discovered its actually not that hard - and so much fun!! Now I just happened to have a yummy Lindt bunny sitting in my cupboard at home (how did that happen????) so I decided to make a box for it. Clear of course. I started by looking at my bunny and working out how big the box needed to be (12 cm sq height/length and 6.5 cm depth). Then I decided to play it safe and work out my template on paper first, just as well as it took me a couple of goes to get all the details worked out, and how to fit the box pieces onto the acetate sheets. Having done that - it was actually quite a quick process to cut out the two acetate pieces, score them and stick it all together using a mix of Sticky strip and glue dots. To decorate the box I used a grass border punch to create some grass for the bunny of course, and this also served to hide the glue dots holding the flap closed. Next I cut a 12 by 12 cm sq of Whisper White and using a punched scalloped circle set about creating a blue cloudy sky to go behind the bunny. This also served to hide the sticky strip holding the sides together! Lastly I wrapped some Old Olive ribbon around the top, added a bow and a tag built out of various punched and die cut layers. The tag had to have a bunny on it of course! Now I know what is going to happen to the bunny (yummy yummy in my tummy) but who would I give the box too?? While I love my gorgeous little munchkins, when it comes to chocolate they have absolutely no interest in the packaging. So I bought another bunny (no not for me ;) and delivered box, bunny and little eggs to my Mum and Dad just to say - I love you! Thanks for visiting, you can tell from my extended babble this week that I'm geting over that nasty flu - yahoo :) Hope you get the chance to add a box or bag this week and join in the fun! Kim Recipe: All SU! unless noted otherwise Stamps: Tiny Treats Valentine (PaperTrey Inc) Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist Accessories: Acetate (book binding cover), Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, DSP (retired SU!), Sizzex Tag Scallop Combo #2 die, Blooms die cut, Copics, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Linen thread, Martha Stewart border punch, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals

11 comments:

  1. That bow is exquisite, the grass is awesome and the little tag is so cute. What a gorgeous example of an Easter Box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A geat homemade Easter box filled with some yummy chocolates is sure to be a hit this Easter, love the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Kim, a lovely easter gift, Love the embellies too! I think l need to go buy a Lindt Bunny, just so l can make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooo would have thought you had bought the whole pack! It looks totally awesome with the grass & clouds & beautiful bow. Bunny looks very much at home inside.....but he wouldn't last long in my house. Lindt bunnies are my favourite. Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have no idea how you could have had a chocolate bunny sitting in your cupboard - it would have been eaten immediately at my place.
    I love your ribbon treatment and the way you highlighted the word "bunny" on your tag.
    Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely Kim!
    I agree with Bron, that bow sure is wonderful and the grass fabulous but what i really love is that awesome SKY!!! I LOVE clouds and you have rocked them buddy!!!! AMAzing box, sooo impressed you came up with it!! WOW!
    SMiles SHarnee ;)
    p,s hope you're feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S do you have anyone that you're staying with for COnvention????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background clouds and the grass. Its so cute and perfect packaging for a yummy bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Kim; I am very impressed! Such patience. The end result is beautiful, and I'll bet your parents loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love how you've presented your Lindt Bunny, the grass, the bow, the background sky, the flower tag, all just wonderful - I noticed too we've both chosen white Chocolate Bunnies! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bunny box is adorable Kim! Love the tag, the grass....and the fact that your little bunny was still in one piece lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!