Friday, April 8, 2011

JAI 63 - just add inspiration

Hi there, well this week our challenge for you at Just Add Ink is to add some inspiration using the - well shall I say bright picture Delys picked for us this week. Here's the pic. Has the picture finished bouncing off the back of you retina's yet? I did warn you it was bright but fun too and full of things to inspire. Not surprisingly I came up with something bright to match.

I decided to go with a scallop circle card - something fun and a little different to match the picture - so a Real Red base and then, a Daffodil Delight mat. I finally had my first chance to pull out Sweet Summer and do some watercolouring. So I stamped (and masked and trimmed out) a row of flowers and sat down for some relaxing colouring in fun. I had to add some of those stripes from the picture so I added a couple of scalloped borders below the flowers and then one of Old Olive leaving just a bit of the Daffodil mat at the bottom to add a sentiment, which I did at the very end. One consequence of that last minute - yes a sentiment can go there decision was that the block rolled just a bit and left a streak of Real Red on the olive scallop above - grrrrr - but I took a deep breath and said - a, it just shows its home made, it still looks good, mantra! To finish off the front I added a little bees to buzz above and bird peek about under the flowers and a Daffodil bow. The inside was finished off with another flower and bird to match.


Thanks for visiting, and if you have the time or can't get that photo out of your head (lol) why don't you have a go at the challenge this week. Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted Stamps: Sweet Summer, Teeny Tiny Sentiments Cardstock: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Stazon Black Accessories: Scallop circle die, Scallop border punch, Daffodil Delight narrow grosgrain ribbon, watercolour paper, Circle nestabilities (Spellbinder), Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Kim, this card is soooo pretty! YOur BEE is amazing!!! WOW and the watercolouring is fantastic! WOW again! As for your little ink spot well done for just going with the flow!!! I would have to call myself a rustic girl but when things like that happen to me I know I'm also a perfectionist!!! Your Mum will LOVE this card it's totally wonderful!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful Kim. I love your colouring and the "popped-up" elements on your card. You did a fantastic job with this challenging challenge!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My jaw dropped on the floor when I first slapped eyes on this card. You really nailed this challenge by creating such an amazing, gorgeous card from THAT photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done so so well with this one Kim. Your card is stunning! Absolutely love it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim. Love the colours...it suits the inspiration photo beautifully!

    :-)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - what a gorgeous card! Love the colours and the popped elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!