Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just Add Ink 54 - Just add a colour combo



Hi there,

yes it’s that time of the week, time for another Just Add Ink challenge :) This week we have a colour combo for you to turn your hand to. Want to know what it is??




The colours struck me as being kind of vintagey, and since my Elements of Style set had barely seen ink I decided this was the time to have a go.


I went with a Regal Rose base to try and keep things light, then layered that with Early Expresso and then DSP (text pattern – love this!). I inked up my large flowering branch stamp first with Versamark, then with Soft Suede, stamped it on watercolour paper and embossed with clear powder, then I watercoloured it using ink pad lids and aquapainter. If the oval edges look a bit rough it’s because they are. I decided I wanted the stamp to overflow the oval so I pressed the nestie cutting edge in to make a bit of an impression and then hand cut. That was framed with Early Expresso and then a scalloped Regal Rose oval. I added a bird up the top embellished with a rhinestone, and down below the oval three layers of scalloped text DSP in Regal Rose, Rose Red and Early Expresso. Lastly I added some Early Expresso satin ribbon and two tiny tags. The inside is finished off with another embossed and coloured flowering branch.

This one kind of evolved on me but I must admit I am quite happy with the end result and with a colour combo I would not have expected to ever try or like for that matter but I do! So can you see yourself turning your hand to this one – please do and then link your creation back to Just Add Ink.

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Elements of Style, Tiny Tags
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Early Expresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Early Expresso, Versamark
Accessories: Neutral, Subtles, and Brights DSP pattern stacks, Medium Jewelery Tag punch,Scallop border punch, Oval (Classic and scalloped) Nestabilites (Spellbinder), Early Expresso satin ribbon, Linen thread, Jewels - rhinestones, Clear embossing powder, watercolour paper, aquapainter, Dimensionals, Double sided tape, SNAIL adhesive


7 comments:

  1. A great card, love how it evolved for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kim!
    Mate you've inked this set well!! SUper job, and the inside...WOW OH WOW!! That colouring is stunning! I love these colours, must see if i can play too...
    hope you are well!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this set and you have made it even more "wow" with that fab colouring - definitely says "vintage" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love how this evolved on you - can't believe you didn't think you'd ever try this colour combo though, don't you think it's yummy now that you have?

    I must try inking in versa and then colour - without cleaning and re-aligning in between.

    Love the inside of your card too - lots of effort in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! This is gorgeous. I nearly inked that set for the first time for this challenge and then decided to go in another direction. You've inspired me to use it very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Kim. I love this set and you have shown it off to perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that card is just stunning! You are making me love this set! Everything is just put together so perfectly. Great job on this one, Kim!

    TSF!
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!