Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Add Ink 52 - Just add a sketch





Hello there,

Hope you all had a good week. I’m wrapping mine up with a half day today as we have some family coming to visit, my Mum and Dad, as you can imagine the kids are very excited about their grandparents visiting even though they only saw them about 3 weeks ago. (Smile – Don’t you just love how excited they get about everything - it makes living so joyful!).

Ok onto the new Just Add Ink challenge – this week we have a sketch for you. Here it is.


From the very beginning something about this sketch said “bag or pocket” to me. But I ignored it for quite a while only converting my card to a pocket card literally as I was sticking it all together! I also dug through my retired DSP stash and pulled out some lovely old bright springy type paper. So here it is.

With the insert pulled out (urk - sorry about the colour tones in this one)


I started by flipping the sketch upside down and then since I had settled on using some of the Petals and Paisleys DSP I started with a Pretty in Pink base (originally cut as a horizontal card – I just chopped off the back when I converted it to a pocket), layered that with some Tempting Turquoise. Layered some DSP at the top, and stamped matching flowers on the bottom. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the top of the pocket and used my Top Note die, to cut more DSP that was added to the bottom. To embellish that I added a die cut felt flower and some Pretty in Pink wide grosgrain ribbon. Having decided to make the card into a pocket I needed an insert for a message, so I cut some more DSP and Whisper White with the Top Note die, SNAILed them together and folded it in half. That slipped into the pocket and even echoes the border and bottom top note curves – magic!!

My Miss almost Six (we are on a countdown at the moment – every morning it’s how days till my birthday Mum!) thought this was pretty good (smile again) so it’s another card I can add to my birthday party stash!

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Polka Dot and Petals (R), Short and Sweet

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Ink: Regal Rose, Fresh Snow (PaperTrey Inc)

Accessories: Petals and Paisleys DSP, Top Note die, Border punch (Martha Stewart), Corner Rounder punch, Word Window punch, Felt, Ice Rhinestone, Filigree brad, Sticky Strip, Double sided tape (X Press), SNAIL adhesive

6 comments:

  1. I love that 'stand out', gorgeous flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that flower is superb! Love your bright and cheery card Kim - pretty colours and that little pocket is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours you've used Kim. Very pretty indeed. Love how you've flipped the sketch and made it a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created such a bright and fun card Kim, I love it! And the pull out piece is a great idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Kim! Love the scallopy (?) edges! Agree with Bronwyn, that flower is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour scheme you have used. It is really eye-catching and effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!