Friday, September 17, 2010

JAI 35 - just add sympathy

Hi all,

this week challenge for Just Add Ink is to just add sympathy. So far I've never actually had to make a sympathy card to give someone so I decided that was a good time to try. My end result is actually my second go at the challenge (if I get time I'll post my first card at the end too). So here is what I came up with.




I kept it reeaalll simple - which is itself a major challenge for me. So I started with a white base, then added a Brocade Blue layer, then the top mat - Whisper White again, pierced all the way around the edge. The stamping - well three trees - the trunks are all Basic Gray and canopies Brocade Blue. Stamped over to the left hand side to balance up the sentiment, also in Basic Grey. The inside was just simply stamped with three trees to match. So end result - muted but not gloomy (I hope). My first try at the challenge was alot more florally - using Mellow Moss and Pale Plum - must have been my week for reaching for retired colours.

Thanks for visiting, and why don't you have a go and link your creation back to Just Add Ink!

Kim

Recipe: All SU!
Stamps: Trendy Trees
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brocade Blue
Ink: Basic Gray, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Mat pack and piercing tool, Stamp-ma-jig, Double sided tape



7 comments:

  1. I love CAS and this card is perfectly that. Great job Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is great for any occassion~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous .... clean and simple. Definitely a great go-to card for any occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Kim, I love the colour combo you've chosen for this card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These trees look beautiful in blue. Gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the simplicity of this card, Kim. As Tui said, a great go-to card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Kim, just a heads up that I have linked back here from my blog, as I used your card for inspiration. Thankyou for a wonderful card :)

    http://jesscraft.blogspot.com/2010/10/sympathy-card-for-friend.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!