Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wildly suspenful

Hi there,

in retrospect, after my last post I decided that I wasn't all that happy with that card, and if I had the time to pull it apart I would have another go - but I don't so it will stand as is. Thank you to all the lovely ladies who did make such nice comments (I guess it can't have been too bad after all). I am however very happy with todays effort which is my entry this week for Makeesha's sketch challenge. Here's the sketch.




The design came to me at night (once again cuddling Mr1 to sleep). I have been wanting to try a suspension card for a while and the circle in Keesh's design seemed perfect for that. The next step was what to go in the centre- for some reason I thought of the penguin from Wild About You and that pretty much dictated the rest of the colours, and design elements (Blue Bayou, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and swirl cuttlebug. The sentiment, of course, had to be Wild About You !). The biggest challenge was trying to work out how I was going to cut a circle through all the layers (I don't have circle nesties (they are on their way though - yippee) my fall back was the Fiskars circle template and that ended up working OK. Final point to note is that there is penguin on both sides, one is Blue Bayou on White and the other is white embossed on Blue Bayou. So here's the card...





I do have another card finished at the moment, for a Mojo sketch from a couple of weeks back, in my first go at vintage -ish style, but won't get to post it till the weekend at the earliest. So till then...bye

Recipe:
Stamps: Wild About You
Card Stock:Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Bashful Blue
Ink: Blue Bayou, Versamark
Accessories: Punches (1 3/8, 1 1/4 circle, small oval), Fiskar circle template and cutter, white embosssing powder, heat gun, Pool Party DSP, Swirl cuttlebug folder, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, sticky strip, Dimensionals, Bashful Blue brads

3 comments:

  1. This card is amazing Kim! I just love the clever way you changed up the colors on the double stamp penguin. Your color selection is just awesome! I absolutely love it! This would be a great card to do a tutorial on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!! I love it! the design is fantastic and it just all works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kim this sketch looks fabulous with a spinner card! Very clever! Love the two-toned penguin....very cute! THanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!