Monday, March 9, 2009

Autumnal thank you

Hi there,

I have a bunch of thank you cards to make at the momment and so I decided to use the latest Mojo Monday sketch to make my first. Here's the sketch for this week (gone).

I started by rifling through my DSP for Fall Flowers as I knew that had some lovely autumn colour in it (Autumn has just offically started down here in Aus, may'be thats why I had it on my mind - and in Canberra it begins early). I pulled out a stamp that said Autumn to me, from A Little Bit of Happiness, and then got down to some fiddly but fun work. Using my stamp-ma-jig, I always forget to mention this but honestly I couldn't work without it, I selected various elements of the horizontal stamp and inked up the bit I wanted with Stazon, stamped it and then repeated the process. After getting the central panel stamped I then paper tolled out selected bits of leaves from the two main DSP sheets - again fiddly but fun. A few final points to note are that the thank you panel and oak leaf down the bottom are lifted up on dimensionals, the oak leaf, main thank you and all the little "brads" (1/8" punched out circles) are coated with crystal effects. I was pretty happy with the end result - although I did wonder whether I should have sponged around the edges. Anyway here is the end result...


And here's a profile showing a glimpse of the inside as well as how various layers are up on dimensionals. Thats Mr 1 crawling around tin the background too.




Recipe:
Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness
Card Stock: Really Rust, Soft Sky, Confetti White
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Stamp-ma-jig, Fall Flowers DSP, Groovy Guava striped grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" circle punch, Dimensionals, Crystal effects, sanding block, Scallop edge punch

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card. Love the bottom scallops and the fun colors. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!