Friday, February 2, 2024

Just Add Ink #687 Sketch

 



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge for you - from me! Here's the sketch.


My first thought on looking at the sketch was that if I rotated it to a vertical format it would be perfect for a z fold card so that's what I made. Here's how it turned out.




I started by die cutting all the pieces for my ship and the waves. I sponged the edges of my sails and then dry embossed them to add some material texture. The background I blended in three stages - the water, a narrow strip of land horizon and then the sky. Extra 'texture' was added to the sea and land using stamping and some birds and clouds finished off the sky. The key point in the assembly was making sure to carefully align my inside panel with the front panel. This was to ensure that when the card is closed it looks clean and there is no hint of the inside peeking out.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of gorgeous projects to show you so please go check them and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: On the Ocean, Gentle Waves (R)
Dies: On the Ocean, Stitched Rectangles (R) 
Cardstock: Basic White, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Gray Granite, Very Vanilla
Ink: Night of Navy, Misty moonlight, Boho Blue, Balmy Blue, Gray Granite
Accessories: Subtle embossing folder (R), Multipurpose Glue, Die cutting machine, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!