Friday, August 5, 2022

Just Add Ink #615 Inspiration

 



Hello there,
things are frosty and cold here, so it was a good time to stay inside and craft using this week's new challenge at Just Add Ink. Just Add Inspiration from Nikki, here's the inspiration pic.


This is how my project turned out.



The different geometric elements of the inspiration picture really grabbed my attention, so I reflected that and the colour palette in my card. The pop of green was I think a super important element to add. While my sun rays look fully silver embossed, they were actually stamped in grey ink first and then over stamped with versa mark. I wanted the embossing to be a bit broken and scratched up, which you can't see here in the pic but you can in real life. Not quite sure if this will be a masculine birthday card or a sympathy card - I think it could work for either purpose.

The rest of the Just Add Ink DT have fabulous projects to share with you too, so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Rays of Light
Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Majestic Mountain dies, 
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Basic Black, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake
Ink: Smoky Slate, Versamark
Accessories: Heat tool, Silver embossing powder, Linen twine, Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder (R), Big Shot die cutting machine (R), Dimensionals, Tear and Tape.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!