Friday, April 30, 2021

Just Add Ink #552 Inspiration

 



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink Nikki has asked us to Just Add Inspiration. Use elements in the inspiration picture below in your project - it could be the colours, patterns, or an object, just make them a main feature. 
May be an image of outerwear, flower and tree

Flowers were a no brainer for me, but yellow was going out of my comfort zone, it's not really a colour I gravitate to. But then that's what challenges are all about. So yellow flowers was where I headed. Here's the result.



I actually turned out pretty happy with my yellow roses. To get some size variation I used flowers from two sets. The big blooms from So Much Love, were very fine lined so to match the line weight with my smaller blooms I went over all the lines with a 0.3 mm marker. The door and its panel pattern inspired the border frame I added to my card, and I added the cloudy sky just because I liked it (and I rediscover my cloud stencil ;). My blooms were all coloured in with alcohol markers, trimmed out and swished with Wink of Stella. I added a sprinkle of yellow gems to finish it all off.

The Just Add Ink DT have, as always, lots of fabulous projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: So Much Love, Bloom and Grow, Dressed to Impress
Dies: Stitched Rectangles
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Basic Black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Balmy Blue
Accessories: Blends (Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie), White 1/4" crinkle seam binding, Wink of Stella, Blending Brushes, Cloud stencil (MFT), Rainbow Gems (Lucy's), Fine Tip glue pen, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Big Shot die cut machine (R)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!