Friday, December 11, 2020

Just Add Ink #535 Magical Creatures


 

Hello there,
I've only made a few Christmas cards this year but I've enjoyed the process (in all honesty my cards usually involve quite a process). This week I have one more for you, for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kelly has asked us to Just Add Magical Creatures. So get out your fairies, dragons, elves, gnomes or any other magical creatures you have!



I had to use my SU! gnomes for this - well one gnome anyway. 




Once I decided on using the Snowflake Splendour DSP all my colour choices were pretty much settled, and making that decision can be a really good way of getting yourself started on a project. I also decided to create an arched window, this turned out to be simple. First I die cut a circle from my DSP (that was added to the inside of the card). Using my trimmer I cut straight down from the widest part of the circle on each side and then made the final cut, parallel to the bottom of the card, to join the two side cuts. I created my scene and added my gnome and present which had both been glittered up with Wink of Stella and Shimmery crystal effects.

I was super happy with the end result :)

Please go and check out the magical projects of the rest of the Just Add Ink DT, then come back and join in the challenge.

This will probably be my last post for the year, as Just Add Ink will take a break till mid January soon. So I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Stamps: Gnome for the Holidays, #Elfie (R)
Dies: Pine Woods dies, Stitched Shapes framelits, Rectangle Stitched framelits
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Highland Heather, Purple Posy, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Night as Navy, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Snowflake Splendour DSP, 1" circle punch, Sparkle glimmer paper (R), Blends (Highland Heather, Cinnamon Cider, Ivory, Basic Black), Copic Markers (to match pacific Point) Shimmery Crystal Effects, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Sponge brayer, Tear and Tape, Big Shot die cutting machine (R)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!