Friday, September 18, 2020

Just Add Ink #523 Just Add 'A'



Hello there,
I love that spring is in the air here, but funnily enough it's Christmas that I'm thinking about, and I have another Christmas card for you this week. The challenge from Tina at Just Add Ink this week is to Just Add 'A'. The idea being to make an element beginning with the letter 'A' the main focus of your card. This can be something like an alligator or acorn, or a pattern like argyle, or a card fold like an accordion card. The sky's the limit as long as it begins with 'A'! 



The first thing I thought of was 'animal', my favourite being cats so I added a purrfect pile of them. 



I coloured all my cats in using neutral cool and warm toned alcohol markers, then added little splashes of colour to the little ornaments. Then a swish of wink of stella and a final layer of shimmery crystal effects. To create the background I brayered an ombre blue background, splattered it with water, wink of stella and finally white gouache paint, letting it dry between each layer. Lastly, a scatter of tiny star sequins in the sky finished it all off.

The Just Add Ink design team have lots wonderful projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge. 
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Retired/ Non-SU! product: Oh Kitty Tree, Oh Kitty Tree creative cuts (Mama Elephant), Copic markers (C and W markers), Big Shot die cutting machine, white gouache paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!