Friday, October 18, 2019

Just Add Ink #479 Colour



Hello there,
we had a big family birthday recently with my brother turning 50. To celebrate he decided to throw a 60's themed party and of course I had to make him a 60's inspired birthday card. Psychedelic swirling patterns and tie die sprung to mind. In the end, however, I settled with a slightly more restrained colour palette using the new challenge from Just Add Ink. This week Jackie is asking us to Just Add Colour, here are the colours.



And here is what I came up with.




I began by sketching in a circle and then used a ruler to draw in a radiating sunburst in pencil. Having worked out a plan I rubbed out most of the lines and then used reinkers to add intense colour to the pattern. Once the ink was dry I flicked over some white opaque paint. Boys love interactive elements so I made my 50 element a spinner.


The biggest challenge with masculine cards is keeping it simple but adding in enough to make it interesting. I wouldn't normally add so much glitz but for a special birthday I figure I could get away with it.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of beautiful projects to show you so do go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Product List


Retired SU!: Starburst framelits, Large number framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!