Friday, February 16, 2018

Just Add Ink #396 Sketch



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink we want you to Just Add a Sketch, from me! Being a sketch you can use it for whatever purpose you need. I always need birthday cards, and you can't go past flowers on a birthday card, well for most people, so I decided to have another go at no line watercoloring.  Here's the sketch.




I wanted to try out Brushos, two ways. Here's how it turned out.





I created the blue background panel by sprinkling my watercoloring paper with powder and then spritzing it and letting the colour spread. However, for watercoloring my flowers I actually mixed powder on a block with water and then applied it with a paint brush. The colour is beautifully vibrant and you can dilute it very easily to get lighter shades. I actually used Brilliant Red but by diluting it got much more of a pinky tone. My first go at colouring is the flower on the inside, a little rough, but it was a good trial run for doing a better job on my second one which you see on the front of the card. I was reluctant to draw too much attention away from the flower so I finished off the front with some shimmery white stripes, that add lots of sparkle and texture.

Do go check out the rest of the design team for lots of fabulous inspiration! Then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:

To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Punch Corner Project Life
Punch Corner Project Life
$14.00
Big Shot
$159.00





SaveSave
SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. W-O-W! Just wow! Perfect colouring for a knock-your-socks-off card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Kim! You've used the brushos beautifully and such a cool idea for watercolouring, as you say they are so vibrant! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This needs to be framed Kim. A true stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another Wow creation Kim! Beautiful colouring as always and I love how you diluted and mixed the Brusho for your colours - awesome effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! The flowers look amazing, I just want to reach through my screen and stroke them to see if they are as soft as they look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!