Friday, January 26, 2018

Just Add Ink #393 Colour


Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink we are back to our regular schedule and Rochelle has kicked off the challenges by asking us to Just Add a Colour Combo. The colours are lovely and fresh - here they are.


In Australia we have lots of parrots of all sizes and colours and Lemon Lime Twist made me think of some of our smaller budgerigar ones - so parrots having a birthday it was! We don't actually get budgies in our garden; however, we do get rosellas, pink and grey galahs and a regular sulfur crested cockatoo visitor to the bird feeder. 




So this was really a simple card, just some colouring, a little bit of fussy cutting, some texture (I actually pulled the woodgrain panel out of my scrap pile!) and of course a bit of sparkle (the shimmery embossing paste clouds were an after thought but I'm glad I added them.

The Just Add Ink DT have a gorgeous array of projects so do go check them out and then join in the challenge with your project - we'd love to see it!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:

To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
$13.00
Big Shot
$159.00


NonSU! products: Copic markers (to match Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fresh card & totally sweet, Kim. Who knew a budgie holding a balloon would be so very cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birthday budgies Kim. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, don't tell the other DT members, but this is my favorite of the whole beautiful array of card samples :-) We have owned parakeets most of our life and our good friend has two. I am going to CASE your card for her birthday. Their names are Gertie and Bertie. Your card is just adorable. Great design, coloring and fussy cutting. I'm so glad you shared it. I have never heard of the birds you mentioned in your post but I'e never been to Australia. My husband was there on R & R so maybe he can educate me! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I heard you Karen :0) But l totally agree, week after week she produces amazing projects...Always an inspiration! xx

      Delete
  4. What a great card! The birdies are coloured so well - this was the perfect combo for budgies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I'm loving your sweet little budgies Kim, the colours, layers and texture are the perfect balance! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!