Friday, August 25, 2017

Just Add Ink #374 Inspiration


Hello there,
we are making progress, I am almost over the germs and there are signs of spring in the air. As much as I enjoy winter, I truly do, the sight of blossoms appearing in the garden, bringing the colour back, is something that makes my heart lighten. Speaking of colour I have lots of it in my project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jan suggested we Just Add Inspiration. You can use the colour, patterns or objects from the image as inspiration for your project.


Ok I now have a confession to make -  I do not drink coffee, I never have. But I love a cup of tea and that first big mug in the morning is very important! So while I can see the attraction of the Coffee Cafe set what I really like is that I can also make it be a cup of tea. The key to that is masking!



The secret weapon in my masking arsenal is....sticky tape! Yes, with sticky tape you can almost do anything ;) With it I was able to alter the stamp set sentiment to say "cuppa", a Aussie term for a hot drink that can be a tea or coffee. You just lay sticky tape over the areas of the stamp you don't want to ink up. Ink up the stamp, now this is important . . . remove the sticky tape, and then stamp. Every cup of tea needs a tea bag (ok well leaf tea might be better, especially my favourite blend, but it's not always practical to have that) so I added a tiny tag hanging out of the cup. I finished the inside off with a water coloured cup cake, because tea and cake is always a yummy combination!

The Just Add Ink team have lot of fun inspiration for you so do go and check out all the projects and then join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Big Shot
$159.00

11 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous, Kim! Totally agree with you about the big cup of tea first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Coffee and Cake! That is the perfect combination. Loving the repetitive background stamping Kim and as always, so many cute details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    this is such a cute card, makes me crave a cup right now. Also I love how you always embellish the insides as well.

    Hugs from the other side of the world
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual Kim your shading is just sublime. This is such a fun card and I love the masking tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous Kim! I love your beautiful pink background of ccourse!!Your masking is so clever and perfect that it looks like an original stamp. Tea is fabulous and especially with cake too, such a gorgeous take on the photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to make this theme work for a non-coffee drinking person :) Gorgeous card! It's been fabulous being on the team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Kim. I like both Tea and Coffee, especially with cupcakes!!! Love the thought you put into your card inners. Superb sponging and colouring as always. Love seeing this bundle used in pink tones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is amazing Kim! I love your colour choices and your masking is very clever. Not a coffee drinker here either :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kim. Fabulous colours, loving all the textural elements and the altering of the sentiment is very clever. Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Kim! The background is so cool and I love your pink cup with tea tag addition - so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!