Friday, July 8, 2016

JAI #319 Just add inspiration



Hello there,
so far we have been taking school holidays slowly here, firstly cause it's cold and the kids were quite happy to have some PJ time in the warm house (this meant Mum got to stamp :), and secondly because my Mr 8 proceeded to get a cold as soon as school finished. Why does that always happen! Given the weather and the fact that we have just ticked over into July, it's appropriate that we have a challenge that is just perfect for a Christmas in July theme. This week at Just Add Ink Di has suggested we Just add Inspiration. Here it is. 


And here is what I came up with (using new stuff!!!)




I just couldn't resist using my new Foxy Friends set and stamping up a pussy cat - so cute! The inspiration photo was saying Christmas to me - so I dressed my cat for Christmas and added some wreath-like greenery. I searched through my stamp collection for a hat that was the right size and style and then stamped it on the back side of the glimmer papers and pieced the bits together. I've enjoyed dipping my toes into Christmas crafting but I promise I will have something different next week.

Do go check out the rest of the DT for some fabulous projects.
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise indicated
Stamps: Foxy Friends, Number of Years, Presents for You (My Favorite Things - for the hat and sentiment)
Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Smokey Slate, Basic Gray, Old Olive, Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories: Fox Builder punch, Everyday Jars framelits, Large Numbers framelits, Ovals Collection framelits (R), A Little Foxy DSP, Red and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, SNAIL adhesive

5 comments:

  1. This is so adoreable Kim! I love your sweet pussy cat and his very cute hat sitting amongst the snowflakes and leaves. Maybe I might need to get the cute Foxy set after all :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Adorable is your Christmas kitty! Super cute and creative card as always Kim. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your little kitty card!
    Love all the little details!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your little cat is too cute! Love his little hat. Glad you're getting more stamping time these holidays. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim what an awesome take on the inspiration challenge this week!! That cat is just adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!