Friday, March 4, 2016

JAI #301 Just add numbers


Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink Nikki has challenged us to Just Add Numbers. As it turned out that was an easy challenge for me to work with as I still had a birthday card to make for my sweet Mr 7. Who has been excited all year about the idea of becoming Mr 8 (ok maybe he was more excited about the birthday party bit ;) Here's what I came up with.


Just to cover my bases on the number front - I added some more to the inside.


My little guy is pretty super so it was an easy decision to colour up a super boy for him. Even easier was the background (all patterned paper!) To give the frame some dimension I cut three layers and adhered them together with glue, then laid it over the patterned paper background.

There are all sorts of occasions you can add numbers. Check out the rest of the JAI DT for some great ideas. Hope you can join us. 

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Blast Off (SU! R), Zappy Birthday (PaperTrey Ink). BB Super Boy (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper , Basic Black, Blending card (X Press It)
Ink: Versamark, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Daffodil Deight
Accessories: Sunburst thinlets die, window sheet, Coverplate: Comic Strip (PTI), Zappy Birthday die (PTI), Comic Strip patterned paper pad (PTI), Numbers border die (MFT R), Red glimmer paper, Black embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. Kim this is so so so so so cute!!!! You've done a fab job colouring in that little super boy and I really love the layout too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is totally super Kim! I love your layout and that super-hero is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Kim! I love the layered die cut frames and your mix of DSP's and the super boy is totally adoreable and so beautifully coloured! I am sure Mr soon to be 8 will love it too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!